|Diploma in Barbering Level 3|
|Start Date:||19th Sept|
|Day:||2 evenings per week|
|Time:||Tuesday: 6:30pm - 8:30pm and Thursday 5:30pm - 9:30pm|
This course is aimed at those working currently within the hairdressing industry who are looking to develop skills in cutting men’s hair or those with a desire to gain skills in Barbering.
What will I learn?
You will learn the following units:
• Working in the hair industry
• Maintaining health and safety in the salon
• Client consultation for hair services
• How to shampoo and condition the hair and scalp
You will have a choice of the following units:
• Promoting products and services to clients in a salon
• Colouring and lightening hair
• Providing perming services
• Cutting men’s hair
• Cutting facial hair
• Creating an image on a theme within the hair sector
• The art of colouring
• Scalp massage
• Salon reception duties
• Styling men’s hair
How will the course be assessed?
All work is continually assessed and you will undertake practical assessments, written tasks and online testing.
Materials and other information
You will need to purchase a salon uniform and kit. Details will be provided at enrolment.
Fee Remission may apply.
Progression into employment within a hairdressing salon or barbers.
Further studies to include an Advanced Apprenticeship in Barbering.