94 week course
This programme is offered in partnership with the University of Cumbria and has been designed for those who wish to work, or those already working or volunteering, in a teaching and learning supportive role in any educational setting, who want to progress their career within the sector.
The full-time programme takes two years (and is also availabe on a part-time basis over three or four years). Full Time students will attend on one afternoon and one evening each week. In addition to the time in College students will undertake a teaching and learning placement of 120 hours per academic year alongside their academic studies.
What will I learn?
Modules in the programme will normally include:
• Professional Studies and Work-based Contexts including Safeguarding
• The Theory of Learning and Development
• Using Information and Communication Technology to Support Learning
• Supporting and Understanding Inclusive Educational Environments
• Supporting English in Your Setting
• Supporting Maths in Your Setting
• Professional Studies and Work-based Contexts 2, with Management
• Understanding Behaviour in Teaching and Learning
• Working with Families and Other Professional Practitioners
• Creative Teaching and Learning and Curriculum Frameworks
• Introduction to Current Issues in Education
• A Practice-based Research Project
How will the course be assessed?
Assessment takes place during and at the end of each module and is in the form of reports, presentations, essays, case studies and logs/journals as appropriate. There are no formal examinations.