What is the Apprenticeship Levy?
The way in which Apprenticeships are funded by the government has changed. A new levy has been introduced to help reach the target of creating three million Apprenticeships by 2020. This is a national drive to support Apprenticeship growth.
How does the Apprenticeship Levy work?
You can view more by visiting www.gov.uk/government/publications/apprenticeship-levy-how-it-will-work
How can Nelson and Colne College help you?
- The delivery of Apprenticeships – either new or upskilling current employees
- Ensuring Apprenticeship training fits business needs
- Supporting recruitment for your business
- Planning levy allocation and your workforce development strategy
More than 100,000 employers across the UK currently use Apprenticeships to attract new talent, improve efficiency and address future skills shortages.
Apprenticeships ensure that your workforce has the practical skills and qualifications your organisation needs both now and in the future.
Apprenticeships are offered in many different types of roles, grouped in occupational sectors, meaning that almost any organisation, of any size, in any industry, can benefit.
Some Apprenticeship frameworks are very specific to a particular industry sector, but others can be adapted and tailored to meet the needs of your particular business. We ensure that our Assessors are experts in their sector, able to identify any skills needs your business may have and ensure that the training delivered meets these requirements.
We acknowledge that each sector will require certain training in order to fulfil certain laws and legislation. If your sector is one of these, we will ensure that your training is directly linked to these requirements so that your Apprentices are able to fulfil what is required, to the necessary standard.
The key benefits include:
- Gaining skilled and qualified staff in a cost effective way
- Ensuring that your staff have up-to-date training and qualifications
- Ensuring that your business is up-to-date with industry standards
- Addressing skills shortages
- Motivating your workforce
- Enhancing your business performance
- Upskilling employees
- Supporting with succession planning and future workforce development
We offer Apprenticeships across a wide range of sectors. To speak to one of our experts today on both the levy and how Apprentices can benefit your business, contact 01282 440319.