Nelson and Colne College has a Career College ethos and is dedicated to providing an ‘all-round’ education to prepare you for your future.
Extracurricular activities are a key aspect of College life and our commitment to developing and broadening your skills has led to the creation of a diverse and valuable extracurricular programme.
This extensive programme is the perfect way for you to complement your studies. Learn an invaluable new skill, engage in a sporting activity as part of a team, explore different avenues of volunteering or take up the opportunity of completing a sought-after Pre-Professional Programme.
Make the most of your time at Nelson and Colne College with our extracurricular offer – you’re spoilt for choice!
The activities offered are expanded each year according to student interest and demand, therefore if there is a club you want to set up, or an activity you wish to try, students can speak to our Student Services Team and our Extracurricular Coordinator who will do everything possible to make it happen.
Some of the planned extracurricular activities include:
- The Duke of Edinburgh’s Gold Award (Bronze and Silver Award available too)
- Sport (including Football and Netball Academies, Archery, Badminton, Basketball, Climbing Club, Scuba Diving, Volleyball)
- Burnley FC Girls’ Academy
- Pre-Professional programmes (including Business, Journalism, Law, Medicine, Teaching)
- Career Skills (British Sign Language, Critical Thinking, Debating Society, First Aid, Heart Start, Modern Foreign Languages, Microsoft qualifications, Philosophy Club)
- Life Skills (including Cookery, Money Matters, Promote Yourself on Social Media, Relaxation Stress Management, Resilience, Confidence and Mindfulness)
- Leadership and Volunteering (including Young Leaders programme, Community Sport, Foreign Language Literacy and Maths Leaders Awards, Pick Up For Pendle, Student Hub)
- Creative Arts and Leisure (including College Band/jamming, Drama Club, Book Club, Life Drawing, Creative Writing, Crafting, IT Gaming, Board games)