|BTEC LEVEL 3 EXTENDED DIPLOMA IN ENGINEERING|
|Entry Requirements:||5 GCSEs at grade 4/C or above including Mathematics and Science, or a Level 2 equivalent in this area and GCSE Mathematics and Science at grade 4/C or above.|
|Start Date:||September 2019|
On this course you will study a variety of engineering topics such as engineering design, fabrication processes, CAD/CAM, CNC, robotics and mathematics for engineers.
Engineering is a fast moving, innovative industry and we have fantastic links with local businesses and the latest equipment, in line with the relevant industry standards. Completion of this programme will enable you to progress onto an Apprenticeship, or an Engineering degree at the college, or university.
What will I learn?
- Health and Safety in the Engineering Workplace
- Mathematics for Engineering Technicians
- Mechanical Principles and Applications
- Engineering Design
- Engineering Drawing for Technicians
- Computer Aided Engineering
- Welding and Fabrication Process
- Applications of Computer Numerical Control in Engineering
- Setting and Proving Secondary Processing Machines
- Communications for Engineering Technicians
- Engineering Project
- Properties and Applications of Engineering Materials
- Applications of Mechanical Systems in Engineering
- Principles and Applications of Fluid Mechanics
- Further Mathematics for Engineering Technicians
- Computer Aided Manufacturing
- Industrial Robot Technology
How will the course be assessed?
All units are internally assessed. Each unit within the qualification has specified assessment and grading criteria and a summative unit grade is then awarded at pass, merit or distinction.
Materials and other information
Students are required to purchase a uniform and Engineering kit. The kit includes polo tops with College logo, workshop overall, safety boots, safety glasses, scientific calculator and Engineering drawing equipment. All of these can be purchased through the Engineering department at the College.