|LEVEL 3 DIPLOMA IN HAIRDRESSING/BARBERING|
|Entry Requirements:||Level 2 Diploma in this subject area and at least one GCSE at grade 4/C or above in either Mathematics or English.|
|Start Date:||September 2019|
This course is aimed at those who have a Level 2 Certificate / Diploma in Hairdressing and who would like to develop their qualification portfolio skills to commercial standards. Successful completion of this programme can lead onto progression into employment within a hairdressing salon or barbers. Further studies could include an Advanced Apprenticeship in Hairdressing or Barbering.
What will I learn?
- Monitoring and maintaining health and safety practice in the salon
- Hairdressing consultation support for colleagues
- Styling and dressing hair using a variety of techniques
- Cutting women’s hair to create a variety of looks
- Colouring hair
- Providing hair extensions
- Making and styling a hair addition
- Bridal hairdressing
- Creative hairdressing design skills
- Promoting and selling products and services to clients
- Hair colour correction
- Working in the hair industry
- Maintaining health and safety in the salon
- Cutting men’s hair
- Cutting facial hair
- Promoting products and services to clients in a salon
- Colouring and lightening hair
- Providing perming services
- Design and create patterns
- Display stock
- Human resources
- Scalp massage
- Creative hairdressing skills
- Provide shaving, facial and massage
How will the course be assessed?
All work is continually assessed, and you will undertake practical assessments, written tasks and online testing.
Materials and other information
You will be required to purchase a salon uniform and kit. Details available at enrolment.