|CACHE LEVEL 3 DIPLOMA IN SPECIALIST SUPPORT FOR TEACHING AND LEARNING IN SCHOOLS|
|Entry Requirements:||5 GCSEs at grade 3/D or above including either Mathematics or English. For students without the appropriate qualifications, relevant experience will be considered at interview.|
|Start Date:||September 2019|
This qualification is aimed at students looking to progress into a classroom setting to support pupils’ learning, in roles such as teaching assistants, learning support assistants and special needs assistants.
Topics include communication and professional relationships with children, promoting children and young people’s positive behaviour, supporting assessment for learning, health and safety and safeguarding, supporting learning activities and understanding children and young people’s development. If you are passionate about working with children and want to play a part in their education and wellbeing, this course could be ideal for you.
What will I learn?
- Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Schools as organisations
- Supporting learning activities
- Promoting children and young people’s positive behaviour
- Developing professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Promoting equality, diversity and inclusion in work with children and young people
- Supporting assessment for learning
- Understanding child and young person development
- Understanding how to safeguard the wellbeing of children and young people
- Supporting children and young people’s health and safety
- Engaging in personal development in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
How will the course be assessed?
These units are assessed internally through a range of presentations, report writing, health campaigns, essays and professional interviews.
Progression and Careers
A DBS is required for this course. The cost is covered by the College