|BA (Hons) in Health and Applied Social Studies|
|Start Date:||September 2020|
|In partnership with:|
|Duration:||3 years full-time, delivered at Accrington and Rossendale College, UCAS Code: LL59|
|Cost:||£7,500 Full Time|
This programme is ideally suited to graduates seeking employment in social work, welfare work, community, public and private health care sectors, social and health related
administration and management, probation, teaching in further education and relevant careers within local government.
What will I learn?
Units in the programme may include:
• Introduction to Psychology
• Theories of Society and Social Change
• Research Methods
• Health Studies
• Advanced Research Methods
• British Social and Welfare Policy
• Social Divisions
• Crime and Deviance
• Ethical Issues in Health and Social Care
• Health Psychology
• Work Based Learning
• Work Related Learning
• Criminal Justice and Penal Policy
• Critical Issues in Mental Health
• Geography of Health
• Organisational Behaviour in Health and Social Services
• Gender and Sexuality
• Therapeutic Approaches Used in Mental Health Recovery
• Morality, Character and Personality: The Study of the Individual
How will the course be assessed?
A series of written and practical work is assessed by your tutors and will determine your overall grade.
Materials and other information
All HE enrolments are subject to the College’s Higher Education Student Agreement.
This programme will lead to employment within social work, welfare work, community, public and private health care sectors, Social and Health related Administration and
Management, Probation, Teaching in further education and relevant careers within local government.