|Foundation Degree in Health and Social Care|
|Start Date:||September 2020|
|In partnership with:|
|Duration:||2 years full-time, delivered at Accrington and Rossendale College, UCAS Code: L511|
|Cost:||£7,500 Full Time|
The programme is available on a full-time basis over a two year period.
What will I learn?
Units in the programme may include:
• Communications and ICT
• Legal and Ethical Issues
• Introduction to Social Policy
• Using Evidence
• Principles of Care
• Anatomy and Physiology for Health and Social Care
• Group Dynamics and Working in Teams
• Collaborative Health and Social Care
• Planning Care Delivery
• Health Promotion – Challenges and Opportunities
• Social Inclusion, Empowerment and Health
• Mental Health Care – Perspectives and Practice
How will the course be assessed?
Assessment takes place at the end of each module and is in the form of essays, reports, portfolios, presentations, seminar papers and seminar presentations.
Materials and other information
All HE enrolments are subject to the College’s Higher Education Student Agreement.
The articulated progression route is the BA (Hons) Health and Applied Social Studies validated by Bucks New University and delivered at Accrington and Rossendale College.