|Foundation Degree in Mental Health Work|
|Start Date:||September 2019|
|In partnership with:|
|Duration:||2 years full-time, delivered at Accrington and Rossendale College, UCAS Code: L510|
|Cost:||£7,500 Full Time|
The programme is available on a full-time basis over a two year period.
What will I learn?
Units in the programme may include:
• Professional Practice and Personal Development Planning
• Sociology of Health
• Mental Health and Illness
• Introduction to Research
• Social Policy
• Care Assessment and Planning
• Mental Health in Older Adults
• Promoting Mental Wellbeing
• Treatment and Recovery Approaches in Mental Health
• Independent Research Project
• Advanced Professional Practice and Personal
• Children and Young People’s Mental Health and Wellbeing
How will the course be assessed?
Assessment takes place at the end of each unit and is in the form of essays, reports, portfolios, presentations, seminar papers and seminar presentations.
Materials and other information
All HE enrolments are subject to the College’s Higher Education Student Agreement.
The articulated progression route is the BA (Hons) Health and Applied Social Studies validated by Bucks New University and delivered at Accrington and Rossendale College.