|Foundation Degree in Early Years|
|Mode:||Full / Part Time|
|Start Date:||September 2019|
|In partnership with:||University of Cumbria (https://www.cumbria.ac.uk/)|
|Time:||9am - 9pm (FT) / 9am - 2:30pm (PT) / 2:30pm - 9pm (PT) / Other options may be available|
|Duration:||2 years full-time, 4 years part time|
|Cost:||£6,000 per year Full Time, £3,000 per year Part Time|
The programme is offered in partnership with the University of Cumbria and is designed for those who wish to, or those already, working or volunteering in an Early Years setting, who want to progress their career within the sector.
Students will attend one day and evening per week for the full-time route and will undertake a placement of 120 hours per academic year alongside their academic studies where they are not already in relevant employment.
Part time students will take a selection or modules from the full time programme.
What will I learn?
Modules in the programme will normally include:
• Professional Studies and Work-based Contexts and Safeguarding
• Child Development and Learning through Play
• Using Information and Communication Technology to Support Learning
• Inclusive Educational Environments
• Health and Wellbeing in Early Childhood
• Early Years Foundation Stage 1
• Professional Studies and Work-based Contexts 2, with Leadership and Supervising in Early Years Provision
• Understanding Behaviour in Teaching and Learning
• Working with Families and Other Professional Practitioners
• Introduction to Current Issues in Education
• Creative Teaching and Learning and Curriculum Frameworks
• Practice-based Research Project
Early Years Foundation Stage 2
How will the course be assessed?
Assessment takes place at the end of each module and is in the form of reports, presentations, essays, case studies and logs/journals as appropriate.
Increased capacity for employment at a Higher Level and/or management. This programme could also lead to a qualified teacher status in Primary Education with further study.
For those students wanting to top-up this qualification the programme has been designed to facilitate post-qualification progression to Level 6 of the University of Cumbria BA (Hons) Teaching and Learning qualification.