|Foundation Degree in Teaching and Learning Support|
|Mode:||Full Time or Part Time|
|Start Date:||September 2018|
|In partnership with:||University of Cumbria (https://www.cumbria.ac.uk/)|
|Day:||Wednesday plus work placement see course overview.|
|Time:||9am - 9pm (FT) / 9am - 2:30pm (PT) / 2:30pm - 9pm (PT) / Other options may be available|
|Duration:||2 years full-time, 3-4 years part-time|
|Cost:||£6,000 Full Time / £3,000 per year Part Time|
This programme is offered in partnership with the University of Cumbria and has been designed for those who wish to, or those already, working or volunteering in a teaching and learning supportive role in any educational setting, who want to progress their career within the sector.
In addition to the time in College students will undertake a teaching and learning placement of 120 hours per academic year alongside their academic studies. Part-time study can be flexible, students would attend an agreed selection of the classes attended by full-time students and be allowed to spread their studies and placements over three or four years.
Students will attend one day and evening per week for the full-time route.
What will I learn?
Modules in the programme will normally include:
• Professional Studies and Work-based Contexts including Safeguarding
• The Theory of Learning and Development
• Using Information and Communication Technology to Support Learning
• Supporting and Understanding Inclusive Educational Environments
• Supporting English in Your Setting
• Supporting Maths in Your Setting
• Professional Studies and Work-based Contexts 2,
• Understanding Behaviour in Teaching and Learning
• Working with Families and Other Professional Practitioners
• Introduction to Current Issues in Education
• Creative Teaching and Learning and Curriculum Frameworks
• A Practice-based Research Project
How will the course be assessed?
Assessment takes place at the end of each module and is in the form of reports, presentations, essays, case studies and logs/journals as appropriate.
Materials and other information
All HE enrolments are subject to the College’s Higher Education Student Agreement.
Increased capacity for employment at a higher level and/or management.
For those students wanting to top-up this qualification the programme has been designed to facilitate post-qualification progression to Level 6 of the University of Cumbria BA (Hons) Teaching and Learning qualification.