|HNC in Applied Biology|
|Mode:||Full-time / Part-time|
|Start Date:||September 2019|
|In partnership with:||Pearson (UCAS Code: AB19)|
|Time:||1 year Full-time, 2 years Part-time|
|Duration:||Full-time: 2 days / week, Part-time: 1 day per week|
|Cost:||£6,000 Full Time / £3,000 per year Part Time|
Students who have completed a Level 3 course in Science or a related subject, who are looking to study a Higher Education programme locally to progress their career within this sector.
What will I learn?
Units in the programme may include:
• Cell Biology
• Biochemistry of Macromolecules and Metabolic Pathways
• Physiology of Cellular Systems in Animals
• Laboratory Techniques for Applied Biology
• Analysis of Scientific Data and Information
• Neurophysiology and Homeostatic Control of the Human Body
• Molecular Biology and Genetics
• Chemistry for Applied Biologists
How will the course be assessed?
A combination of written assignments and laboratory based practical work is assessed by your tutor and will determine your final grade.
Materials and other information
This course offers students the opportunity to continue their study of Biological Sciences at Degree Level as a two-year top-up. Alumni students have progressed onto the second year of degrees in Biomedical Science, Microbiology and Forensic Science at specific universities.
Other students have progressed into employment or Apprenticeships using the practical nature of the course to develop their laboratory skills.