|HNC/ in Applied Biology|
|Mode:||Full-time / Part-time|
|Start Date:||September 2018|
|In partnership with:|
|Day:||Monday and Tuesday|
|Time:||1 year Full-time, 2 years Part-time|
|Duration:||Full-time: 2 days / week Part time 1 day per week|
|Cost:||£6,000 Full Time / £3,000 per year Part Time|
This programme is aimed at students who have completed a Level 3 course in Science or a related subject, who are looking to study a Higher Education programme locally to progress their career within this sector.
What will I learn?
- Analysis of Scientific Data and Information
- Cell Biology
- Physiology of Cellular Systems in Animals
- Laboratory Techniques for Applied Biology
- Biochemistry of Macromolecules and Metabolic
- Neurophysiology and Homeostatic Control
- Molecular Biology and Genetics
- Chemistry for Applied Biologists
Two Chemistry units may also be incorporated into this qualification.
How will the course be assessed?
A series of written and practical work is assessed by your tutors and will determine your overall grade.
Materials and other information
This course can offer opportunities for students to continue their studies by progressing to a HND Applied Science or to Year 2 of selected university degree courses.