|HNC/D in Construction - Built Environment|
|Mode:||Full / Part Time, Delivered at Accrington and Rossendale College, UCAS CODE: K220 / K221|
|Start Date:||September 2020|
|In partnership with:||Pearson|
|Day:||Please enquire for more details|
|Duration:||HNC: Full-time: Two days per week over one academic year. Part-time: One day per week over two years. HND: Full-time: two days per week over one. Part-time: One day per week over two|
|Cost:||£7,500 Full Time, £4,000 Part Time|
This is a qualification for established construction personnel who wish to upgrade their skills and knowledge, possibly with a view to preparation for promotion, additional responsibilities in work or a change of career focus.
What will I learn?
Units in the programme may include:
• Individual Project (Pearson Set)
• Construction Technology
• Science and Materials
• Construction Practice and Management
• Legal and Statutory Responsibilities in Construction
• Construction Information (Drawing, Detailing, Specification)
- Principles of Refurbishment
- Site Supervision and Operations
- Group Project (Pearson set) (Double unit)
- Contracts and Management
- Project Management
- Management for Complex Buildings
- Alternative Methods of Construction
- Personal Professional Development
- Transport Systems in Buildings
How will the course be assessed?
A series of written and practical work is assessed by your tutors and will determine your overall grade.
This course can offer opportunities for students to continue their study of Construction at Degree Level. It will also help you begin a career in this sector or assist with professional development.