|Applied Science Level 3|
|Entry Requirements:||You should be aiming for at least 5 GCSEs at Grade 5 or above in a range of subjects, including combined Science and English Language and/or Mathematics OR a relevant Level 2 Diploma with at least an overall Merit profile and GCSE English or Mathematics at Grade 4 or above. If you don’t quite achieve the entry criteria though don’t worry, we can discuss your options and will provide support to enable you to achieve your maths and/or English grades.|
|Start Date:||Sep 2023|
Continue broadening the breadth of your knowledge of Biology, Chemistry and Physics with more practical application and vocational opportunities in our Level 3 Applied Science course. Prepare yourself for a science-based degree programme and/or a lucrative career in the sciences with a course that focuses on applying scientific learning to practical work. You will obtain a generalised scientific education in your first year before picking your own specialist subject to focus on in year two.
What will I learn?
• Laboratory techniques.
• Physiology of human body systems.
• Science investigation skills.
• Practical scientific skills.
• Genetics and genetic engineering.
• Disease and infection.
• Biomedical science.
• Forensic evidence and collection.
• Medical physics.
How will the course be assessed?
• Over the two years, there will be formal assessments as part of your programme including written examinations and practical skills.
• You will benefit from regular use of our new high-tech science laboratories, that house industry-standard equipment.
• You will also study in modern classrooms with interactive learning technology and will have access to up-to-date resources.
• Students will have access to high end computer suites where they will have access to various programmes and software to aid their studies.
Materials and other information
• We are an Ofsted ‘Outstanding’ College.
• Our students love being learners here and feel supported throughout their course, which enables them to thrive and succeed.
• We have teachers who are experts in their fields, they provide our students with excellent knowledge and create positive and encouraging learning environments.