|Beauty Professional Level 3|
|Entry Requirements:||You should be aiming for at least 5 GCSEs at Grade 5 or above in a range of subjects, preferably including English Language and Mathematics, but at least one of these OR a relevant Level 2 Diploma with at least an overall Merit profile and GCSE English or Mathematics at Grade 4 or above. If you don’t quite achieve these entry criteria though don’t worry, we can discuss your options and will provide support to enable you to achieve your maths and/or English grades.|
|Start Date:||Sep 2023|
Got your sights set on becoming a beauty professional? This course will help you get one step closer to your dream career. The course has been created alongside employers to support you in developing the key personal, technical and professional skills you need in order to succeed within this exciting industry.
What will I learn?
• This programme will provide you with the essential skills and knowledge to become a successful beauty professional.
• You will learn about; health and safety in the salon, client care and consultation, body analysis, skin analysis, Swedish massage therapy, body electrical treatments, facial electrical treatments, electrical science, mechanical massage, anatomy and physiology for the face and body systems.
How will the course be assessed?
• There will be formative and summative assessments throughout the year. At the end of the year you will sit a trade test style exam that will prepare you for further study or employment.
• Our Hair and Beauty students will have access to our state-of-the-art salon, and learn using modern up to date tools technology.
Materials and other information
• We are an Ofsted ‘Outstanding’ College.
• Our students love being learners here and feel supported throughout their course, which enables them to thrive and succeed.
• We also have teachers who are experts in their fields, they provide our students with excellent knowledge and create positive and encouraging learning environments.