|Beauty Therapy Apprenticeship Level 2|
Minimum GCSE grade 2 for English and maths. If you don’t achieve these, you will need to complete an initial assessment in English and maths to identify your eligibility for the course.
These requirements may alter dependent on the needs of the employer.
As a Beauty Therapist Apprentice, you will work in one of the largest, trusted, professional and continually expanding industries within the Hair and Beauty Sector.
Your work environment may be varied in size, style and ambiance, from a cruise ship, through to small bespoke salons or luxury high end beauty salons and spas. You will need to ensure personal and professional ethics, have a flexible and positive attitude and be dedicated to maintaining client care principles and practices.
What will I learn?
• Waxing services
• Hand and nail treatments
• Foot treatments
• Facial treatments
• Eyelash and eyebrow treatments
• Make-up application and Basic massage treatments
• Protection of self and client
• Methods that promote environmental and sustainable working practices
•You will also learn about beauty therapy industry, legal and organisational requirements
How will the course be assessed?
A range of assessment methods will be used throughout the programme to support the progression and development of your Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours that are all relevant to the apprenticeship standard.
The apprenticeship standard will be achieved via externally assessed End Point Assessments.
This may include:
- A knowledge test
- A practical observation
- A professional discussion
- A project presentation
- An nterview
Materials and other information
• You will undertake your off the job training within our Award-Winning Distinction Salon
• The Apprenticeship was created in partnership with employers making it highly industry relevant
• We work with a range of employers within the region, including Crow Wood
• Practical on campus training is undertaken in our award winning public facing salon, Distinction
Progression and Careers
• Health Spa Beauty Therapist
• Salon Beauty Therapist
• Sports Club Beauty Therapist
• Beauty Therapy Tutor
• Freelance Beauty Therapist
• Beauty Salon Manager/Owner