|Burnley FC Shadow Youth Team Level 3|
|Entry Requirements:||You should be aiming for at least 5 GCSEs at Grade 5 or above in a range of subjects, preferably including English Language, Mathematics and Science, but at least one of these OR a relevant Level 2 Diploma with at least an overall Merit profile and GCSE English or Mathematics at Grade 4 or above. If you don’t quite achieve the entry criteria though don’t worry, we can discuss your options and will provide support to enable you to achieve your Maths and/or English grades.|
|Start Date:||Sep 2023|
The Burnley FC Shadow Youth Team offers a unique education and performance programme for those wishing to maximise their football talent. You will represent the College, in partnership with Burnley FC in the Community, in a range of National Leagues operated by the English Football League and the Association of Colleges. Students will benefit from a high-quality coaching and playing experience, while studying towards a Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sports Coaching and Development.
What will I learn?
• You will benefit from a high-quality coaching and playing experience, while studying towards a Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sports Coaching and Development.
• You will get up to 12 hours of football coaching and competition per week, a full Level 3 academic qualification, opportunity to complete an FA Level 1 Coaching Badge and chance to work alongside your coaches to support Burnley FC home matches at Turf Moor.
How will the course be assessed?
• You will be assessed via internal and external assessments. Internal assessments consist of coursework projects and portfolio evidence.
• Our Burnley Shadow Youth Team will also have access to the training facilities at Burnley FC.
• Sport students will have access to state-of-the-art facilities and equipment, including sports hall, kit and 3G pitch.
• You will also study in modern classrooms with interactive learning technology and will have access to up-to-date resources.
• Students will have access to high end computer suites and various programmes and software to aid their studies.
• Students will have access to our newly developed functional fitness gym.
Materials and other information
All BFC Shadow Youth Team and Sport and Exercise Science students have the opportunity to complete the recognised Level 1 FA Coaching qualification at the end of their first year! Sports, Training and Match kits are free of charge*. (*subject to availability)