93 week course
This programme is designed for those students wishing to pursue a career working in Coaching and Mentoring, enabling clients to reach their full potential. There are such roles in many sectors, including sport, business, health and education. The programme has been designed for those people already working in related sectors who wish to upskill and enhance their knowledge in order to progress in their careers.
It will also appeal to people looking to pursue a career in a Coaching and Mentoring role, who are not currently working in this sector. It will provide the combination of underpinning theoretical knowledge and practical skills and the work based learning opportunities needed to develop the competence and professionalism required to be a practitioner in this field.
This programme is in partnership with the University of Cumbria.
What will I learn?
Modules in the programme may include:
• Interpersonal Skills
• Introduction to Coaching and Mentoring
• Ethics, Diversity and Difference
• Coaching and Mentoring Supervision
• Introduction to Skills and Practice for Coaching and Mentoring
• The Reflective Practitioner
• Psychology for Coaching and Mentoring
• Working with Groups
• Management and Coaching and Mentoring
• Organisational Context of Coaching and Mentoring
• Further Skills and Practice for Coaching and Mentoring
• Professional Project
How will the course be assessed?
A range of assessments are used within the programme, including portfolios, case studies, reflections and presentations. There are no formal examinations.