|Creative Media Practice Level 3|
|Entry Requirements:||You should be aiming for at least 5 GCSEs at Grade 5 or above in a range of subjects, preferably including English Language and Mathematics, but at least one of these OR a relevant Level 2 Diploma with at least an overall Merit profile and GCSE English or Mathematics at Grade 4 or above. If you don’t quite achieve these entry criteria though don’t worry, we can discuss your options and will provide support to enable you to achieve your maths and/or English grades.|
|Start Date:||Sep 2023|
A Level 3 qualification in Creative Media Practice will give you essential experience working with industry standard equipment and software, developing your skills to prepare you for a career in media. In the first year you will focus on media production and cover specific media skills relevant to the sector. In Year two you will be given the option to either continue in media or specialise in game design – the choice is yours.
Through the guidance of our highly experienced tutors, you will be introduced to equipment and facilities that replicate those at the top of the field in media. Gain the necessary skills and know how to utilise these in the most beneficial way to support your projects, whatever they might be. Unlock your potential and unleash your style upon the world with a qualification in Creative Media.
What will I learn?
• Research into film techniques, past and present
• Investigation into different types of multimedia for example websites and presentations
• Designing Desk Top Publishing - newsletter, storyboards, animation
• Creating digital photographs, stop-motion or other animation techniques, own website.
• 3D modelling and 2D games design using industry standard software.
How will the course be assessed?
• You will be assessed via internal which consist of media based projects. Internal assessments consist of coursework projects and portfolio evidence.
• Media students will have access to our media suite, featuring industry leading equipment and state-of-the-art facilities.
• You will also study in modern classrooms with interactive learning technology and will have access to up-to-date resources.
• Students will have access to high end computer and Mac suites where they will have access to various programmes and software to aid their studies.
Materials and other information
• We are an Ofsted ‘Outstanding’ College.
• Our students love being learners here and feel supported throughout their course, which enables them to thrive and succeed.
• We also have teachers who are experts in their fields, they provide our students with excellent knowledge and create positive and encouraging learning environments.
• There will be lots of opportunities to gain industry knowledge within the Media sector.
• We hold numerous trips to In Situ, Super Slow Way and Media City.