|Education and Childcare T Level|
|Entry Requirements:||You should be aiming for at least 5 GCSEs at Grade 5 or above in a range of subjects, including both English Language and Mathematics OR a relevant Level 2 Diploma with at least an overall Merit profile and GCSE English and Mathematics at Grade 4 or above. If you don’t quite achieve the entry criteria though don’t worry, we can discuss your options, including our T Level Transition Programmes, and will provide support to enable you to achieve your Maths and/or English grades.|
|Start Date:||Sep 2023|
Get a head start on an exciting career by studying a T Level in Education and Childcare! This course will give you the opportunity to develop your skills in various areas and gain work experience with credible employers – all whilst continuing your academic studies at our ‘outstanding’ institution.
A T Level is the perfect gateway to a career in education and childcare. With time spent in the classroom, you will gain knowledge and essential skills that will prepare you for the challenges of working with young people. Furthermore, a large proportion of your time will be spent on a 45-day industry placement, where you will acquire invaluable experience that will serve you well when applying for highly competitive jobs. For those aspiring to progress onto university education, a T Level will secure you the same amount of UCAS points as three A Levels – with a Distinction* being equivalent to three A*s.
What will I learn?
• Understanding the education and childcare sector from ages 0 to 19.
• Child development.
• How to support children and young people’s education.
• Safeguarding, health and safety and wellbeing.
• Understanding and managing behaviour.
• Observing and assessing children and young people.
• Equality and diversity.
• Special educational needs and disability.
• English as an additional language.
• Working with parents, carers and wider families.
• Working with agencies and services that support children, families and carers.
• Reflective practice and other forms of professional development.
How will the course be assessed?
• You will be assessed through external assessments. At the end of Year 1, there will be two written exams and one practical project. At the end of Year 2, you will complete a series of practical specialism projects. Throughout the programme, you will be required to complete a minimum of 750 hours of work placement with an external employer.
• You will study in modern classrooms with interactive learning technologies and will have access to up-to-date resources.
• You will have access to high end computer and Mac suites where they will have access to various programmes and software to aid your studies.
• As part of your T Levels, you will take part in relevant work experience with local industry professionals.
Materials and other information
• We are an Ofsted ‘Outstanding’ College.
• Our students love being learners here and feel supported throughout their course, which enables them to thrive and succeed.
• We have teachers who are experts in their fields, who provide our students with excellent knowledge and create positive and encouraging learning environments.
• We are a T Level Trailblazer and one of the first nationally to develop and deliver T Levels, meaning we are the leading T Level College in the area.