93 week course
The programme is aimed at the professional development needs of teachers or trainers in further, higher, adult and secondary education and those who work in related areas such as health, careers, uniformed services and private training organisations. It is a 2 year part time course consisting on 1:1 tutorials and 6 Saturday day schools per year at the University of Huddersfield.
What will I learn?
This course gives you the opportunity to build the knowledge to extend the cognitive and practical skills required within teaching and learning. You’ll draw on
your existing teaching and learning experiences to plan and explore new ways of developing and understanding contemporary good practice.bYou’ll also have the opportunity to focus on research-based practice and undertake research focusing on contemporary educational challenges and strategies.
• Professional Practice (Advanced)
• Improving Teaching and Learning
• Critical Education
• Reflexive Study
• Major Study
• Research Methodologies
You will also attend an induction ‘day school’ in year one and four ‘day schools’ in each year.
Throughout the duration of the programme students will also:
• Get face to face support at the centre you have chosen to study with
• Online teaching and learning festival at the University of Huddersfield each year
• Receive online support, particularly distance learners
• Undertake online and paper based assessment
• Have the opportunity for online learning and networking
How will the course be assessed?
A range of assessments are used within the programme, including portfolios, case studies, reflections and presentations.