|Electrical and Electronic Engineering Level 3|
|Entry Requirements:||You should be aiming for at least 5 GCSEs at Grade 5 or above in a range of subjects, including Mathematics, English Language and Science, or a relevant Level 2 Diploma with at least an overall Merit profile and GCSE English or Mathematics at Grade 4 or above. If you don’t quite achieve the entry criteria though don’t worry, we can discuss your options and will provide support to enable you to achieve your maths and/or English grades.|
|Start Date:||Sep 2023|
This fascinating course involves two one-year programmes covering a variety of engineering topics, with a focus on electronic engineering. Prepare yourself for a career within the sector by developing the skills and knowledge that employers look for.
First year electrical and electronic engineering students will focus on units such as engineering principles, engineering product design, computer aided design in engineering and electrical machines. Progress onto year two and opportunities for residential trips, visits, guest speakers and relevant work experience will become available to you.
What will I learn?
• Engineering principles.
• Delivery of engineering processes safely as a team.
• Engineering product design and manufacturing.
• Applied commercial and quality principles in engineering.
• Electronic measurement and testing of circuits.
• Analogue electronic circuits.
• Electronic devices and circuits.
How will the course be assessed?
• You will be assessed via internal and external assessments. Internal assessments consist of coursework projects and practical work.
• Engineering students will have access to the engineering lab and workshop, fitted with industry standard equipment and state-of-the-art facilities in order to best prepare them for a career within the industry.
• You will study in modern classrooms with interactive learning technology and will have access to up-to-date resources.
• Students will have access to high end computer suites where they will have access to various programmes and software to aid their studies.
Materials and other information
• Continued investment in extensive, industry matched engineering workshops.
• We are an Ofsted ‘Outstanding’ College.
• Our students love being learners here and feel supported throughout their course, which enables them to thrive and succeed, and be supported to progress to their intended destinations.
• We have teachers who are experts in their fields, they provide our students with excellent knowledge and create positive and encouraging learning environments.