|Engineering Level 2|
|Entry Requirements:||You should be aiming for at least 3 GCSEs at Grade 4 or above including Mathematics and preferably English Language and Science OR a relevant Level 1 Diploma and GCSE English Language and/or Mathematics at Grade 3 or above. If you don’t quite achieve the entry criteria though don’t worry, we can discuss your options.|
|Start Date:||Sep 2023|
This course is a unique and individualised programme for Level 2 students, which will support you in developing the key personal, technical and professional skills you need in order to get ahead, whether you want to progress to Level 3 or employment in your chosen sector. After completing this course, you will have the necessary skills to progress onto a Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Engineering course or an Apprenticeship. There will be lots of opportunities for trips, visits, guest speakers, mentoring and work experience. This is an exciting programme, designed to help you get ready for your next steps.
What will I learn?
• The Engineering programme is made up of subject specific practical skills including product design and production, researching and analysing data/information and participating in a professional meeting.
• You will also develop key employability skills including commitment, resilience, initiative, confidence, and professionalism.
• Other areas of study may include Safe working practices and communication.
How will the course be assessed?
• You will be assessed through internal assessments which consist of coursework projects and practical work.
• Engineering students will have access to the engineering lab and workshop, fitted with industry standard equipment and state-of-the-art facilities in order to best prepare them for a career within the industry.
• You will study in modern classrooms with interactive learning technology and will have access to up-to-date resources.
• Students will have access to high end computer suites where they will have access to various programmes and software to aid their studies.
Materials and other information
• We are an Ofsted ‘Outstanding’ College.
• Our students love being learners here and feel supported throughout their course, which enables them to thrive and succeed, and supported to progress to their intended destinations.
• We have teachers who are experts in their fields, they provide our students with excellent knowledge and create positive and encouraging learning environments.
• Continued investment in extensive, industry matched engineering workshops.