16:00 to 17:30
1 week course
Join us for a SPARKING time this November from the comfort of your own home! Our virtual session will take place on Thursday 4th November and will comprise of colourful arts and crafts and themed games and activities. With parents/ carers support, children will learn whilst having an abundance of firework fun!
The session is designed for primary school aged children (3-11 year olds) and their parents/ carers.
You'll receive a free resource pack through the post so you can join in all the activities.
This course will be delivered LIVE via Zoom by one of LAL’s qualified family learning teachers. All you need to take part is an internet connection and a suitable device such as a laptop, tablet or smart phone.
How long is the course?
This is a single session, 1.5 hours in length
What will I learn?
At the end of the session you will be able to:
1. Carry out at least 2 different types of creative activities, which encourage interaction, support learning and can be easily replicated again at home
2. Identify how creative activities encourage learning and the skills they develop
3. List a number of creative activities that can support a child's learning and development
4. Recognise how spending time learning together can impact positively on the family
5. Identify further learning opportunities and aspirations
How will the course be assessed?
Learners attend via the online platform Zoom on a set day and time. The sessions will be delivered live and learners will be supported to work through the course content. In addition to this, learners will be given access to Moodle (VLE – Virtual Learning Environment) so activities can be completed during and between sessions to record progress and achievement.
Materials and other information
You will be sent a list of materials needed for the session, for example, glue stick, cellotape, paper and pens.
So the course can start on time, it’s important to be ready to join your online course 15 minutes prior to the official start time.
The Additional Learning Support Team work across college supporting students with a variety of learning needs in different ways. Support can be requested at enrolment or at any point throughout your course. For more information telephone 0300 123 6711 or email email@example.com
For more information on booking onto a course, telephone 0333 0031717
It would be useful to have a pen and paper so you can make notes throughout the course
Progression and Careers
• The teacher will use a range of activities to review learner’s knowledge throughout the course and identify any gaps and additional information required
• Learners will receive feedback in order to further develop their knowledge
• Learners will assess their knowledge at the start of the course and again at the end against the learning outcomes. This allows you to identify how much you have learnt and where you might need to do further study or research.
• Learners will also be supported to set an individual target(s) for the course based on personal goals and aspirations.