|Entry Requirements:||To take three A Levels you will need at least five GCSEs at Grade 5 or above in a good range of subjects, including both English and Mathematics, plus a successful, informal interview at College. If you don’t quite achieve these entry criteria though don’t worry, we can discuss your options. Additional entry requirements include: You must have a Grade 7 in GCSE Maths and this course must be taken with A Level Maths.|
|Start Date:||Sep 2023|
For those with a love for all thing’s numbers, who want to expand on their already extensive knowledge of the world of mathematics, this course is ideal. Building on higher level ideas and concepts from level 2, and going beyond what is taught on the Maths A Level - students of this course will come away with a much broader understanding of sophisticated mathematical problem-solving techniques.
This course would be most beneficial for those looking to build a strong mathematical foundation to progress into a higher-level university education linked to Mathematics, Engineering, Physics, Computer Science or Economics.
What will I learn?
• You will gain skills in logical analysis and deduction, data handling, mathematical modelling, as well as problem solving, all of which can be applied in almost any field of work.
• Study a range of new areas within mathematics, including pure mathematics, decision mathematics and statistics.
How will the course be assessed?
• You will be assessed by external examinations at the end of the 2-year course.
• You will study in modern classrooms with interactive learning technology and will have access to up-to-date resources.
Materials and other information
• We are an Ofsted ‘Outstanding’ College.
• Our students love being learners here and feel supported throughout their course, which enables them to thrive and succeed.
• We have teachers who are experts in their fields, they provide our students with excellent knowledge and create positive and encouraging learning environments.
• Due to the increased requirement to use technology within the new specification, students will be required to purchase a calculator with increased statistical and graphing capability. You will be advised on make and model by your tutor.