|Entry Requirements:||To take three A Levels you will need at least five GCSEs at Grade 5 or above in a good range of subjects, including both English and Mathematics, plus a successful, informal interview at College. If you don’t quite achieve these entry criteria though don’t worry, we can discuss your options.|
|Start Date:||Sep 2023|
Are you looking for a diverse subject that covers a range of contemporary topics? From climate change to globalisation; from dynamic landscapes and glaciation to geopolitics – A Level Geography helps us to understand how our planet works and how to be global citizens.
A Level Geography students develop a range of transferable skills that make them a good fit for analytical or science-based subjects at university, as well as attractive to a variety of potential employers. Students enjoy the opportunity to get out of the classroom on fieldwork and residential trips at home and abroad.
What will I learn?
• You will develop a broad geographical understanding of interconnected physical and human topics, from global tectonics to contemporary debates on identity and energy security.
• Fieldwork and research are an extremely important part of the geographical inquiry process, so you will be required to complete a minimum of four days guided fieldwork and research that helps to prepare us for an independent coursework integration project, submitted in the 2nd year of study.
How will the course be assessed?
• You will be assessed by external examinations at the end of the 2-year course.
• You will study in modern classrooms with interactive learning technology and will have access to up-to-date resources.
Materials and other information
• We are an Ofsted ‘Outstanding’ College.
• Our students love being learners here and feel supported throughout their course, which enables them to thrive and succeed.
• We have teachers who are experts in their fields, they provide our students with excellent knowledge and create positive and encouraging learning environments.
Progression and Careers