|Hair Professional Apprenticeship Level 2|
Minimum GCSE grade 2 for English and maths. If you don’t achieve these, you will need to complete an initial assessment in English and maths to identify your eligibility for the course.
These requirements may alter dependent on the needs of the employer.
The demand for skilled hairdressers continues to grow.
This Apprenticeship covers all the basics of hairdressing, and duties within your on the job training are likely to include booking appointments, shampooing, conditioning, drying and styling hair, and mixing and applying hair colouring.
As a Hairdressing Apprentice, you will work as a salon junior, assisting senior staff while training as a junior stylist. You’ll work in a fast-paced environment, developing your cutting and colouring skills following all the latest trends, and even create some new fashion looks. Working in Hairdressing means you’ll be dealing with customers all the time so being friendly and having good communication skills will come in handy.
What will I learn?
• Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
• Cut hair using a range of techniques to create a variety of looks
• Style and finish hair using a range of techniques to create a variety of looks
• Colour and lighten hair using a range of techniques
• Perming hair
• Hair relaxing treatments and techniques
• Hair extension services
How will the course be assessed?
A range of assessment methods will be used throughout the programme to support the progression and development of your Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours that are all relevant to the apprenticeship standard.
The apprenticeship standard will be achieved via externally assessed End Point Assessments.
This may include:
- A knowledge test
- A practical observation
- A professional discussion
- A project presentation
- An interview
Materials and other information
• You will undertake your off the job training within our Award-Winning Distinction Salon
• The Apprenticeship was created in partnership with employers making it highly industry relevant
• We work with a range of employers within the region, including Robert Brannon Hairdressing and Colour Bank
• Achievement of the standard makes you eligible for State Registration with the Hair Council
Progression and Careers
• Colour Technician
• Salon Owner
• Film and TV Hair Professional