|Hair Professional Level 3|
|Entry Requirements:||You should be aiming for at least 5 GCSEs at Grade 5 or above in a range of subjects, preferably including English Language and Mathematics, but at least one of these OR a relevant Level 2 Diploma with at least an overall Merit profile and GCSE English or Mathematics at Grade 4 or above. If you don’t quite achieve the entry criteria though don’t worry, we can discuss your options and will provide support to enable you to achieve your maths and/or English grades.|
|Start Date:||Sep 2023|
This course is aimed at those who have a Level 2 Certificate or Diploma in Hairdressing and would like to develop their qualification portfolio skills to commercial standards. Successful completion of this programme can lead to progression into employment within a Hairdressing salon or Barbers. Further studies could include an Advanced Apprenticeship in Hairdressing or Barbering.
What will I learn?
• Hair cutting, shaping and styling
• You will learn the essential knowledge and skills to become a successful hair professional.
• You will learn health and safety in the salon, hairdressing consultation, hair cutting services, hair colouring services, setting and dressing services, blow-drying and finishing services and occasion hair.
How will the course be assessed?
• There will be formative and summative assessments throughout the year. At the end of the year you will sit a trade test style exam that will prepare you for further study or employment.
• Our Hair and Beauty students will have access to our state-of-the art salon, and learn using modern up to date tools and technology.
Materials and other information
• You will study in modern classrooms with interactive learning technology and will have access to up-to-date resources.
• Students will have access to high end computer suites where they will have access to various programmes and software to aid their studies.