17:00 to 20:00
10 week course
The purpose of this qualification is to introduce learners into health and social care. The course looks at types of organisations, roles and skills required as well as career opportunities across the sector. It will look at skills and knowledge to develop prior to moving into further employment or education.
What will I learn?
All units within the qualification are mandatory and you will gain knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
• Identify and describe physical and emotional care needs, factors that affect health and the general health and social care available for individuals
• Outline the personal and emotional care needs of individuals, the skills needed to provide personal care for others, and procedures relating to personal care
• State different types of communication, and describe barriers to communication and ways to communicate with adults and children in health and social care settings
• Outline employee rights and responsibilities, employer responsibilities and how the rights of employees are upheld in the workplace
How will the course be assessed?
Learners attend weekly sessions and engage in learning activities to support the learning outcomes. Progressing each week, learning will be structured towards completing both individual and group activities to increase knowledge and understanding which will be assessed using a range of methods.
Further support and learning can be accessed through the Moodle page, which will support the length of the course with activities, resources and further reading links.
Materials and other information
3 hours per week for 10 weeks.
Once enrolled onto the course via LAL enrolment, you will be contacted by your tutor with venue and days/times for attendance.
The Additional Learning Support Team work across college supporting students with a variety of learning needs in different ways. Support can be requested at enrolment or at any point throughout your course. For more information telephone 0333 0031717 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on booking onto a course, telephone 0333 0031717
It would be useful to have a pen and paper so learners can make notes throughout the course.
Progression and Careers
• Regular submission of work that will be assessed and reviewed weekly.
• Learners will receive feedback in order to further develop their knowledge
• Learners will assess their knowledge at the start of the course and again at the end against the learning outcomes. This allows them to identify how much they have learnt and where they might need to do further study or research.
• Learners will also be supported to set an individual target(s) for the course based on personal goals and aspirations.