|Health and Social Care Level 3|
|Entry Requirements:||You should be aiming for at least 5 GCSEs at Grade 5 or above in a range of subjects, preferably including English Language and Mathematics, but at least one of these OR a relevant Level 2 Diploma with at least an overall Merit profile and GCSE English or Mathematics at Grade 4 or above. If you don’t quite achieve the entry criteria though don’t worry, we can discuss your options and will provide support to enable you to achieve your maths and/or English grades.|
|Start Date:||Sep 2023|
As a Level 3 Health and Social Care student, you may have the opportunity to join the Health Cadets Programme with the East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust (ELHT). This competitive programme includes extensive work experience at all ELHT establishments, alongside practical career related training. As a Health Cadet you will receive an exciting programme of events, presentations, mentorships and work experience.
The Cadets is a challenging yet rewarding programme, providing excellent routes into professional training for clinical careers, such as radiography, speech and language therapy, nursing, mental health, dietetics or occupational therapy, as well as university. During the programme you will undertake the Skills for Care Certificate which is a recognised qualification for employment in the sector.
What will I learn?
• Psychological perspectives and reflective practice
• Protection of children, young people and adults
• Anatomy and physiology
• Mental health
• Research skills and personal and professional development
• Safeguarding importance and practices
• Medical physics applications in the Health Sector
• Biomedical science and genetics
• Biochemistry for health
How will the course be assessed?
• You will be assessed via internal and external assessments.
• There is an NHS Cadets route available which will involve large work placement elements. A DBS will also be needed for your placement.
• You will study in modern classrooms with interactive learning technology and will have access to up-to-date resources.
• Students will have access to high end computer suites and various programmes and software to aid their studies.
Materials and other information
• You will undertake the Skills for Care certificate as part of the programme.
• We are an Ofsted ‘Outstanding’ College.
• Our students love being learners here and feel supported throughout their course, which enables them to thrive and succeed.
• We also have teachers who are experts in their fields, they provide our students with excellent knowledge and create positive and encouraging learning environments.