|Entry Requirements:||To take three A Levels you will need at least five GCSEs at Grade 5 or above in a good range of subjects, including both English and Mathematics, plus a successful, informal interview at College. If you don’t quite achieve these entry criteria though don’t worry, we can discuss your options.|
|Start Date:||Sep 2023|
Journey back in time to explore civilizations of old with an A Level in History. From the colonial impacts on African Kingdoms 1400-1800, to Civil Rights in the USA that will take you all the way up to 1992 – this course will give you a greater understanding of the world around us today.
Students of A Level History will greatly develop their analytical skills, which is hugely beneficial when looking forward to university level education where these skills are essential. You will learn to assess the reliability of a source – not taking everything you read at face value. The impact of bias, political influence and contextual evidence will all effect this.
What will I learn?
You will study a number of different historical periods, all chosen to expand and aid your historical understanding.
You will study periods such as:
• Britain 1929-1997
• Impact of World War II
• African Kingdoms 1400-1800
• US Civil Rights 1865-1992
• Develop vital analytical skills through investigation, interpretation and evaluation of evidence.
• Develop expertise in historical skills and acquire knowledge and understanding of historical events and issues.
• Learn how to analyse historical sources and evidence.
How will the course be assessed?
• You will be assessed internally at the end of two years via a series of coursework and portfolio evidence.
• You will study in modern classrooms with interactive learning technology and will have access to up-to-date resources.
• You will have the opportunity to undertake a number of trips and visits related to the subject. Previous excursions have included Greece and Rome, Jodrell Bank and Manchester Museum.
Materials and other information
• We are an Ofsted ‘Outstanding’ College.
• Our students love being learners here and feel supported throughout their course, which enables them to thrive and succeed.
• We have teachers who are experts in their fields, they provide our students with excellent knowledge and create positive and encouraging learning environments.