|Law, Justice and Protective Services Level 2|
|Entry Requirements:||You should be aiming for at least 3 GCSEs at Grade 4 or above including English Language and/or Mathematics OR a relevant Level 1 Diploma and GCSE English Language and/or Mathematics at Grade 3 or above. If you don’t quite achieve the entry criteria though don’t worry, we can discuss your options.|
|Start Date:||Sep 2023|
This course is part of our Transitions Programme – a unique and individualised programme for Level 2 students. The course will support you in developing the key personal, technical and professional skills you need in order to get ahead, whether you want to progress to Level 3 or employment in your chosen sector.
You will also develop key employability skills including commitment, resilience, initiative, confidence, and professionalism. After completing this course, you will have the necessary skills to progress onto the Level 3 Law, Justice and Protective Services course or an Apprenticeship. There will be lots of opportunities for trips, visits, guest speakers, mentoring and work experience. This is an exciting programme, designed to help you get ready for your next steps.
What will I learn?
• The Law, Justice and Protective Services Transitions programme is made up of subject specific practical skills including teamworking, problem solving and researching information.
• You will develop key employability skills including commitment, resilience, initiative, confidence, and professionalism.
• Areas of study may include leadership, safe working practices, and communication with different audiences
How will the course be assessed?
• You will be assessed through internal assessments which consist of coursework projects and practical work.
• You will study in modern classrooms with interactive learning technology and will have access to up-to-date resources.
• Students will have access to high end computer suites where they will have access to various programmes and software to aid their studies.
Materials and other information
• We are an Ofsted ‘Outstanding’ College.
• Our students love being learners here and feel supported throughout their course, which enables them to thrive and succeed, and be supported to progress to their intended destinations.
• We have teachers who are experts in their fields, they provide our students with excellent knowledge and create positive and encouraging learning environments.