|Law, Justice and Protective Services Level 3|
|Entry Requirements:||You should be aiming for at least 5 GCSEs at Grade 5 or above in a range of subjects, preferably including English Language and Mathematics, but at least one of these OR a relevant Level 2 Diploma with at least an overall Merit profile and GCSE English or Mathematics at Grade 4 or above. If you don’t quite achieve the entry criteria though don’t worry, we can discuss your options and will provide support to enable you to achieve your maths and/or English grades.|
|Start Date:||Sep 2023|
Spur on your career opportunities within fields such as policing, the probation service and the protective services with a qualification in Law, Justice and Protective Services. Gain vital skills in leadership whilst learning key aspects of the law, criminal justice system and the role of the protective services. As a Law, Justice and Protective Services student, you can not only expect the highest quality of training from industry experts, but also a wide range of exciting opportunities to enhance your learning experience.
What will I learn?
• You will gain a greater knowledge of working life within this sector, including types of crime, the role of public services and managing risk.
• Behaviour and discipline in the Uniformed Protective Services.
• Police powers and the law.
• Professional development in the Uniformed Protective Services.
• Criminological perspectives.
• Tort, including negligence.
• Offender profiling.
• Crime scene to court room
How will the course be assessed?
• You will be assessed though a variety of methods including coursework, active and practical learning tasks, case studies, reports, discussions, presentations and table-top exercises to develop collaborative and teamwork skills. Some elements are assessed via external examination.
• You will study in modern classrooms with interactive learning technology and will have access to up-to-date resources.
• Students will have access to high end computer suites where they will have access to various programmes and software to aid their studies.
Materials and other information
• We are an Ofsted ‘Outstanding’ College.
• Our students love being learners here and feel supported throughout their course, which enables them to thrive and succeed, and be supported to progress to their intended destinations.
• This course is taught by a range of industry professionals including a former Police Officer and former Solicitor, who provide our students with industry knowledge and skills.
• In 2021/22, a high number of students progressed directly to Police Apprenticeships, and over 80% of all students progressed to Law, Justice or Protective Services degrees or directly into sector related employment upon completion of the course.