|Level 3 T Level in Digital Production, Design and Development|
|Entry Requirements:||5 GCSEs at grade 4 or above including Mathematics and English, or a Level 2 equivalent qualification in this subject area and GCSE Mathematics and English at grade 4 or above.|
|Start Date:||Sep 2022|
The T Level is a ground-breaking two-year Level 3 study programme that will offer students a mixture of classroom-based learning and on-the-job experience.
The purpose of the Level 3 Technical qualification in Digital is to ensure that students have the knowledge and skills needed to progress into highly skilled employment, an Apprenticeship or higher level study.
What will I learn?
What will I learn?
· Emerging trends and technologies
· Digital analysis
· Business environment
· Software development
· Digital problem solving
Furthermore, you will be working on employer set project briefs to apply and develop your core skills. There is a strong emphasis on industry and professional skills within the programme, to help you be as prepared as possible for employment. We have worked with a number of employers to ensure the standards being developed are of a professional quality.
In Year 1 you will study the core content for the Digital T Level and in Year 2 you will have the option to specialise in one of two pathways - Software Development or Networking. The Digital T Level is all externally assessed, and at the end of Year 1 there will be two written exams and one practical project to complete. At the end of Year 2 you will be required to complete a series of practical projects dependent on your chosen pathway.
An important requirement of the programme is that all students must complete a 315 hour (approximately 45 days) work placement with an external employer. We can help and support you in finding the right placement
Software Development | Year 2 (Option 1)
You will build on your knowledge from Year 1 and have the chance to specialise in one of the following three areas; digital infrastructure, digital support or network cabling.
Networking | Year 2 (Option 2)
You will build on your knowledge from Year 1 and develop specialist skills in understanding user needs, designing interfaces, building/coding software and documenting it. This is a highly technical course that will develop your programming and software development skills.
How will the course be assessed?
T Level students spend 80% of the course in the classroom, learning the skills that employers need. The other 20% is an industry placement, where students put these skills into action. A vocational alternative to A Levels and Apprenticeships, the T Level has been launched as part of the Government’s review of Vocational education, under the Skills Plan. They have been collaboratively developed by the Department for Education (DfE), the Institute for Apprenticeships (IfA), education providers and employers.