|Media Make-Up Professional Level 2|
|Entry Requirements:||You should be aiming for at least 3 GCSEs at Grade 4 or above including English Language and/or Mathematics OR a relevant Level 1 Diploma and GCSE English Language and/or Mathematics at Grade 3 or above. If you don’t quite achieve the entry criteria though don’t worry, we can discuss your options.|
|Start Date:||Sep 2023|
This course is part of our Transitions Programme – a unique and individualised programme for Level 2 students. The course will support you in developing key personal, technical and professional skills you need in order to get ahead, whether you want to progress to Level 3 or employment in your chosen sector.
What will I learn?
• The Media Professional Transitions programme is made up of subject specific practical skills and relevant employability skills.
• You will develop key employability skills including commitment, resilience, initiative, confidence, and professionalism.
• You will also work on your maths and English skills.
• You will learn all the essential knowledge and skills to become a successful beauty professional.
• You will learn health, safety and hygiene, make-up application, hair preparation services, continuity planning for hair services, dress and finish hair services, continuity for hair services, anatomy and physiology for make-up artists, total look for competition work, face and body art painting and fashion and editorial make-up.
• After completing this course, you will have the necessary skills to progress onto a Level 3 Media Makeup Professional or an Apprenticeship.
How will the course be assessed?
• There will be formative and summative assessments throughout the year. At the end of the year you will sit a trade test style exam that will prepare you for further study or employment.
• Our Hair and Beauty and Media Professional students will have access to our state-of-the-art salon, and learn using modern up-to-date products, tools, and technology.
Materials and other information
• We are an Ofsted ‘Outstanding’ College.
• Our students love being learners here and feel supported throughout their course, which enables them to thrive and succeed.
• We have teachers who are experts in their fields, they provide our students with excellent knowledge and create positive and encouraging learning environments.