|Entry Requirements:||To take three A Levels you will need at least five GCSEs at Grade 5 or above in a good range of subjects, including both English and Mathematics, plus a successful, informal interview at College. If you don’t quite achieve these entry criteria though don’t worry, we can discuss your options.|
|Start Date:||Sep 2023|
Are you an aspiring photographer or videographer? Perhaps you are just looking to develop your skills and start building up a portfolio of work, all whilst having access to industry standard equipment and state-of-the-art facilities. Either way, our A Level Photography course is a diverse and challenging qualification that will provide you with the foundational knowledge and skill set to take forward into a career in the photographic arts.
This course offers you the opportunity to explore a wide range of photography aspects, such as portraiture, landscape, still life, documentary, fashion photography and experimental photography. You will learn about lighting, aspect ratio, aperture editing and much, much more!
What will I learn?
• Develop your own practice through the study of photographers, their techniques and styles, and through theoretical and practical sessions.
• Learn traditional darkroom techniques.
• Be introduced to modern digital techniques using the Adobe Photoshop software.
• Have access to state-of-the-art facilities and be trained in the use of industry standard equipment.
• Learn how to, and the importance of good editing.
How will the course be assessed?
• You will be assessed internally at the end of two years via a series of coursework and portfolio evidence.
• We have a state-of-the-art studio, access to industry standard equipment, top of the range software and editing equipment.
• Our computer suites also feature high end Apple Macs.
Materials and other information
• We are an Ofsted ‘Outstanding’ College.
• Our students love being learners here and feel supported throughout their course, which enables them to thrive and succeed.
• We have teachers who are experts in their fields, they provide our students with excellent knowledge and create positive and encouraging learning environments