10:00 to 12:00
2 week course
It is estimated that approximately 16 million adults have issues with sleep in the UK. Therefore, this is an issue that affects so many of us. This two week course aims to look at information about sleep and why it’s important for our wellbeing, as well as tips and tricks to try and help aid a better night’s sleep for us all
The course is 2 hours per week/session and is delivered over 2 weeks
What will I learn?
This short course is wellbeing focused and uses reputable information sources, such as the British Sleep Council.
By the end of the two weeks, you will be able to:
1. Explore information about sleep, including the stages of sleep and common issues with sleeping well
2. Discover why sleep is important for our wellbeing
3. Establish what techniques you will implement into your nightly routine, to improve your sleep habits
4. Choose appropriate progression opportunities
How will the course be assessed?
The course will be delivered live and learners will be supported to work through the course content.
Other activities include:
• Active listening and reflective discussion
• Participation in practical activities during and between sessions
• Personal reflection and note taking
• Completion of learning activities on Microsoft Forms
• Links to recommended websites and apps will be given to aid independent learning
Materials and other information
So the course can start on time, it’s important to be ready to join your online course 5 – 10 minutes prior to the official start time.
Please note, the tutors are knowledgeable about health and wellbeing but are not GP or medically trained.
Progression and Careers
• The teacher will use a range of activities to review learner’s knowledge throughout the course and identify any gaps and additional information required
• Learners will receive feedback in order to further develop their knowledge
• Learners will assess their knowledge at the start of the course and again at the end against the learning outcomes. This allows you to identify how much you have learnt and where you might need to do further study or research.
• Learners will also be supported to set an individual target(s) for the course based on personal goals and aspirations.
• Discussion and sharing of your ideas and opinions is encouraged to support and develop one another’s learning journey.