|Sport Level 2|
|Entry Requirements:||You should be aiming for at least 3 GCSEs at Grade 4 or above including English Language and/or Mathematics OR a relevant Level 1 Diploma and GCSE English Language and/or Mathematics at Grade 3 or above. If you don’t quite achieve the entry criteria though don’t worry, we can discuss your options.|
|Start Date:||Sep 2023|
This course is part of our Transitions Programme – a unique and individualised programme for Level 2 students, which will support you in developing the key personal, technical and professional skills you need in order to get ahead, whether you want to progress to Level 3 or employment in your chosen sector.
After completing this course, you will have the necessary skills to progress to the Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Sports Coaching and Development, a Level 3 in Sport and Exercise Science or an Apprenticeship. There will be lots of opportunities for trips, visits, guest speakers, mentoring and work experience. This is an exciting programme, designed to help you get ready for your next steps.
What will I learn?
• The Sport Transitions Programme is made up of subject specific practical skills including First Aid training, coaching and fitness training and fitness testing.
• You will develop key employability skills including commitment, resilience, initiative, confidence, and professionalism.
How will the course be assessed?
• You will be assessed via internal and external assessments.
• Sport students will have access to state-of-the-art facilities and equipment, including a sports hall, gym, kit and 3G pitch.
• You will study in modern classrooms with interactive learning technology and will have access to up-to- date resources.
• Students will have access to high end computer suites and various programmes and software to aid their studies.
Materials and other information
• We are an Ofsted ‘Outstanding’ College.
• Our students love being learners here and feel supported throughout their course, which enables them to thrive and succeed.
• We have teachers who are experts in their fields, they provide our students with excellent knowledge and create positive and encouraging learning environments.