|Sports Coaching and Development Level 3|
|Entry Requirements:||You should be aiming for at least 5 GCSEs at Grade 5 or above in a range of subjects, preferably including English Language and Mathematics, but at least one of these OR a relevant Level 2 Diploma with at least an overall Merit profile and GCSE English or Mathematics at Grade 4 or above. If you don’t quite achieve the entry criteria though don’t worry, we can discuss your options and will provide support to enable you to achieve your maths and/or English grades.|
|Start Date:||Sep 2023|
This course is designed by the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA) to be a stepping stone towards university education, apprenticeships and employment. Become a leader as you develop your skills in coaching, sports psychology, nutrition, sports injuries and massage, fitness training and practical sports application.
Students will be a qualified Level 1 coach on the completion of this course, which can help progress them onto university education or employment.
What will I learn?
• Develop the confidence to plan and lead sport and exercise in practical settings and enhance your communication and organisational skills.
• Learn academic skills, including managing deadlines and researching.
• Developing and applying coaching skills.
• Sports psychology.
• Sports injuries and massage.
• Fitness training and testing and practical sports application.
• You will develop key industry skills including leadership, communication and a range of practical and technical skills in order to help you develop a career in the sports industry.
How will the course be assessed?
• You will be assessed via internal and external assessments. Internal assessments consist of coursework projects and practical work.
• Students will have access to state-of-the-art facilities and equipment, including sports hall, gym, kit and 3G pitch.
• You will study in modern classrooms with interactive learning technology and will have access to up-to-date resources.
• Students will have access to high end computer suites where they will have access to various programmes and software to aid their studies.
Materials and other information
• All students have the opportunity to completed the recognised Level 1 FA Coaching qualification at the end of their first year!
• We are an Ofsted ‘Outstanding’ College.
• We have teachers who are experts in their fields, they provide our students with excellent knowledge and create positive and encouraging learning environments