41 week course
Advanced Learner Loans may be available, click here to find out more
This programme leads to a Certificate of Higher Education in Working with Children and Families over the part-time equivalent of one full academic year.
Students enrolling for the CertHE will have the option to continue to a full FdA once they successfully complete the CertHE.
This programme is available to employers as part of an apprenticehip standard.
This programme is in partnership with the University of Cumbria.
What will I learn?
Modules in the programme normally include:
• Perspectives in Human Development
• Professional Skills with Children, Young People, Families and Communities
• Social and Political Influences on Policy and Practice
• Play and Creative Development in Diverse Contexts
• Cultural and Historical Influences on Children, Young People and Families
• An Introduction to Practitioner Research
How will the course be assessed?
Assessment is entirely based on coursework and includes written assignments, project work, presentations, portfolios, blogs and discussions.