10:00 to 12:00
2 week course
18:00 to 20:00
2 week course
13:00 to 15:00
2 week course
This course takes a mindful approach to yoga, focusing on how it makes you feel. We don’t place emphasis on attaining certain poses or yoga positions it is about the “felt experience”. You will learn gentle and restorative yoga and breathing practices that will enable you to slow down creating a sense of calm and wellbeing physically, mentally and emotionally.
This course is suitable for all ages and abilities; including beginners, intermediate and advanced. If you can breathe you can do Yoga.
How long is the course?
The course is 2 hours per session and is delivered over two individual sessions or weeks.
What will I learn?
During the course, you will participate in learning activities that complement the yoga practice.
At the end of the course you will be able to:
1. Participate in gentle exercises and reflect on how they made you feel
2. Describe a further two benefits of our yoga practice, that had an effect on your physical, mental and emotional well-being
3. Use the online platform to interact with the course material and others
4. Choose appropriate progression onto further learning opportunities
How will the course be assessed?
Learners attend via the online platform Microsoft Teams or Zoom on a set day and time. The session will be delivered live and learners will be supported to work through the session content. In addition to this, learning can take place via:
• Accessing the session content via Teams/Zoom
• Active listening and discussion via Teams/Zoom
• Online PowerPoint via Teams/Zoom
• Participation in practical exercises
• Access to Apps and websites will be provided so you can access resources after the session has ended to extend your learning.
Materials and other information
Please don’t eat any heavy food for at least one hour before the session. Advise your teacher in advance of any existing medical conditions you may have and complete the Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire. Please remember Yoga is not a sport and not competitive – we all have beautiful unique bodies and are all capable of moving them in our own wonderful way.
Please wear appropriate clothing to enable you to participate in the practical activities. Make sure there is adequate space around you to exercise and an exercise mat if possible.
Learners may want to make notes on paper or a notepad, but a learning mat is available.
So the course can start on time, it’s important to be ready to join your online course 15 minutes prior to the official start time.
The Additional Learning Support Team work across college supporting students with a variety of learning needs in different ways. Support can be requested at enrolment or at any point throughout your course. For more information email email@example.com
For more information on booking onto a course, telephone 0333 0031717
Progression and Careers
• The teacher will use a range of activities to review learner’s knowledge during the session and identify any gaps and additional information required
• Learners will receive feedback in order to further develop their knowledge
• The PowerPoint includes an opportunity for you to assess your knowledge at the start of the session and again at the end against the content. This allows you to identify how much you have learnt and where you might need to do further study or research.
• You will also be supported to set an individual target for the course based on your personal goals and aspirations