|Marketing, Social Media and IT|
|Starting Salary:||£15,000 - £18,000 (once qualified)|
Marketing is a creative industry at the heart of business. It is concerned with finding the needs and wants of people, developing a product or service that meets that need and helping create a desire for what has been created. You may not realise it, but your everyday life is affected by the work of marketers: it is in the adverts you see, the websites you visit. Every time you think of a brand or slogan, you are responding to marketing activities.
Marketing is the foundation of business activity and essential to commercial success. It is hard to imagine a successful organisation that does not heed marketing principles. Marketing involves several specialisms including:
- direct marketing (communicating directly with the consumer via mailings, emails ortelephone calls)
- market research (gathering and analysing information on customers, competitorsand the market)
- public relations (the public image of your product or organisation)The Apprenticeship and Advanced Apprenticeship in Marketing and Social Media covers all these areas.Within the Apprenticeship, the nature of the work will depend on your employer. However you are likely to be working as a marketing or market research assistant/ executive or perhaps in event management. You may learn how to create and execute a marketing plan for products/services, help manage budgets, distribution plans and carry out research.As an Advanced Apprentice, you may be employed in a more senior marketing/market research role or be working in the areas of advertising or public relations.
Intermediate Apprenticeship You will need 4 GCSEs at grade D or above in a minimum of 3 subject areas (one of these must be in English or Maths) or a relevant Level 1 qualification and Level 1 Maths and English.
Advanced Apprenticeship You will need at least 5 GCSEs at grade C or above in a minimum of 3 subject areas (one of these must be in English or Maths) or successful completion of an Intermediate Apprenticeship, or equivalent.
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship:
- Event Management Assistant
- Junior Marketing Executive
- Market Researcher
Advanced Level Apprenticeship:
- Advertising Account Executive
- Marketing Assistant
- Marketing Co-ordinator
- Marketing Officer
- Marketing Manager
- Market Research Executive
- PR Officer
- Functional Skills
- Technical Certificate
Assessment is through practical observation and theoretical tests.
A Marketing and Social Media Apprenticeship can open doors to a fantastic career! You could continue with your studies, undertaking degree level study at university after an Advanced Apprenticeship. You could also decide to study for a number of professional qualifications in your industry, or apply for more senior positions in order for you to progress within your career.