Nelson and Colne College is set to host its annual Careers Expo on Thursday where visitors can find out more about Apprenticeships, volunteering and work placement opportunities.
The Expo will be held at the college on Thursday 7 March between 5pm and 7.30pm and on the night there will be the chance to speak to employers and Apprentices across a wide range of sectors, and apply for live Apprenticeship vacancies. The event is aimed at school and college leavers and their parents, job seekers or individuals looking for a career change.
There will be workshops to take part in to develop CV and interview skills, as well as the chance to gain expert careers advice from the college’s Careers Zone and further information on progression to Nelson and Colne College or Accrington and Rossendale College’s University Centre courses.
Lancashire Adult Learning will also be exhibiting to promote its provision and brand new summer course guide, offering Arts and Crafts and Humanities classes, Languages and Health and Wellbeing sessions and Functional Skills English and Maths and Employability courses.
More than 40 exhibitors in total are signed up to attend the event from a wide range of employment areas, including Business and Professional Services, Catering and Hospitality, Engineering and Manufacturing, Hair and Beauty, Health and Social Care, Uniformed Services and more. There will also be a number of universities from across the north attending as well exhibitors from the charity and voluntary sector.
Nelson and Colne College’s Director of Apprenticeships and Training Barbara Livesey said: “Our Careers Expo is almost upon us once again and we’re excited to be inviting into College employers from Pendle and the surrounding areas to what will be our largest Careers Expo to date.
“This year, our Expo is being held during the middle of National Apprenticeship Week and National Careers Week, so it is the perfect time for school or college leavers to be thinking about their futures as well as visitors seeking employment or those looking at a change of career to come in and speak with employers directly about the opportunities that are available.
“We are looking forward to welcoming visitors to another successful event.”
Nelson and Colne College is the number one general FE college nationally for overall Apprenticeship achievement, at all ages and levels, and is also number one for 16-18 timely Apprenticeship achievement, at all levels, in the government’s National Achievement Rate Tables.
The full list exhibitors confirmed as attending the Expo are:
- Protec Fire Detection
- East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust
- Royal Navy
- Christina Clegg Independent Financial Advice
- BCW Manufacturing
- The British Army
- Lancashire Constabulary
- North West Ambulance Service NHS Trust
- Victim Support
- Alzheimer’s Society
- Pendle Borough Council Human Resources
- Project Trust
- Burnley FC in the Community
- Lancashire Fire and Rescue
- The Gilpin Hotel
- Crossroads Care Ribble Valley
- Forbes Solicitors
- Carer’s Resource
- April Hair Salon
- Voluntary Services
- Nelson and Colne College and Accrington and Rossendale College Higher Education Courses
- Nelson and Colne College Careers Zone
- Nelson and Colne College Apprenticeship Team
- Nelson and Colne College Distinction Hair and Beauty Team
- Nelson and Colne College Extracurricular Team
- Accrington and Rossendale College Catering Apprenticeships
- Accrington and Rossendale College Motor Engineering Apprenticeships
- Accrington and Rossendale College Adult Courses
- Lancashire Adult Learning
- Edge Hill University
- Leeds Beckett University
- Lancaster University
- University of Liverpool
- University of Manchester
- University of Leeds
- University of York
- University of Cumbria
- University of Central Lancashire
- University Campus of Football Business
For more information about Nelson and Colne College contact 01282 440272 or visit www.nelson.ac.uk