Nelson and Colne College is an ‘outstanding’ Further Education College, based in Barrowford. In 2018, we celebrated a 99% pass rate for A Levels and a 99.6% pass rate for advanced vocational studies. We are home to 1,800 full time students, 3,500 part-time adults and more than 1,000 Apprentices, and offer a range of courses to suit all needs.
Whole generations of families from across the region have benefited from the education they received while studying at Nelson and Colne College. We pride ourselves on helping each individual student achieve their future goals by offering exceptional teaching and facilities, as well as extensive extracurricular opportunities.
Key facts about Nelson and Colne College:
- Recent Government data has placed NCC as top in the country for A Levels (based on progress scores), top in the area for vocational studies (based on progress scores), top in the country for 16-18 learner achievement (at all levels) and top in the country for overall Apprenticeship achievement (at all ages and levels)
- We are number one in Lancashire in the latest FE Choices Learner Satisfaction Survey
- We offer unique Pre-Professional Programmes supporting students pursuing professional careers in Medicine, Veterinary Science, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Law, Journalism, and Teaching
- More than 350 students progress to university each year and one in five go to Russell Group universities – the best in the country – including Oxbridge
- Recent investments have included a new £2million Engineering facility, 3G all-weather sports pitch and gym, new fully-equipped science laboratories, student study and social spaces
- We sponsor the multi-Academy Pendle Education Trust incorporating Colne Primet Academy, Castercliff Primary Academy, Pendle Primary Academy, West Craven High School and Casterton Primary Academy
- In August 2016, NCC joined forces with Lancashire Adult Learning – the UK’s second largest adult education provider, offering a range of courses in more than 120 venues across Lancashire
- In January 2017, we launched a new University Centre, building on our ‘outstanding’ reputation for teaching and learning, to offer a range of Higher Education programmes to adults in East Lancashire and beyond
- In May 2018, NCC was chosen to pilot new technical qualifications (T Levels) in Childcare and Digital from 2020
- Selected to be a Maths Centre for Excellence in October 2018, gaining the investment potential to develop collaborative activities around teaching and share good practice regionally
For additional information on the performance of Nelson and Colne College, and to compare this to other schools and colleges, please click here.
Our Visions and Values:
- Expanding Horizons
- We Excel Together
- Always Learning
- You Matter
Use this section to find out more about how the college is governed, our policies and procedures, our commercial facilities and our highly successful alumni!