Nelson and Colne College has a national reputation for educational success and is seen within the Further Education sector as a beacon of excellence for teaching and learning.
Following the successful merger of Nelson and Colne College and Accrington and Rossendale College in November 2018, Nelson and Colne College has retained its place in the College Group as the Sixth Form centre due to its distinguished stature for academic achievement.
We offer an outstanding range of A Levels, vocational courses, Apprenticeships and Higher Education provision and generations of families have benefited from an exceptional education at Nelson and Colne College. We pride ourselves on our individual approach learning, where students receive outstanding teaching and support, extensive extracurricular opportunities and fantastic facilities.
Some of our key achievements:
- Number one college in the country for A Level progress
- Number one college in the country for GCSE Mathematics and third nationally for GCSE English, based on progress
- Number one college in Lancashire for 16-18 Advanced Apprenticeship timely achievement
- Number one college in the country based on student satisfaction
- In 2018, became a Maths Centre for Excellence, gaining the investment potential to develop collaborative activities around teaching further and to share good practice regionally
- Selected to deliver new career-aligned T Level qualifications in Childcare and Digital from September 2020