Nelson and Colne College, Accrington and Rossendale College and Lancashire Adult Learning have places available for adult learners to start new and exciting courses in January 2019.
An Adult Learning Enrolment Event will be held at Nelson and Colne College on Thursday 10 January from 5pm until 7pm where members of the community in East Lancashire can sign up to turn their goals for the New Year into a reality.
A wide range of courses are on offer for adults seeking to enhance their career prospects, looking to find a new hobby or leisure activity or get back into education after a break. On the night, visitors will have the chance to find out more about:
- Nelson and Colne College’s and Accrington and Rossendale College’s University Centres – including a chance to speak to our expert tutors, find out about finance options and loans, explore course and career progression and learn about the wide range of qualifications on offer and the Colleges’ strong links with universities
- Lancashire Adult Learning courses – enrolment onto Lancashire Adult Learning’s brand new course offering for Spring 2019 can take place on the night. With provision including Arts and Media, Humanities, Languages, Health and Wellbeing and Business and Digital courses, there is something for everyone to enjoy.
- Functional Skills qualifications – there will be chance to take an English, Maths or ICT assessment on the night to find out what level is right for you.
- Part time adult courses with NCC – including Hair and Beauty courses and AAT Accountancy qualifications
- Accrington and Rossendale College’s adult offer – including a range of Apprenticeships for adults, and general adult learning courses
New for January 2019 at Nelson and Colne College’s University Centre is the Foundation Degree in Paralegal Services, developed to provide career progression routes for legal secretaries and anyone who is in a clerk based position with a legal element to their role, or to those looking at starting a career in the legal sector.
The two-year, full time course requires one day a week studying at the University Centre, combined with one day a week in a work placement, or employment in the sector. Study groups are also small in size to allow delivery of high quality, personal one to one support and completing it provides a stepping stone to a one-year top-up Honours Degree with the University of Cumbria for those students looking at a future as a solicitor.
January starts are also available for the BEng top-up Honours Degree, one of the most industry-relevant Engineering qualifications of its kind. The course has been created with extensive consultation with a number of leading local engineering companies and it is designed around challenging students to think on their feet to develop advanced problem-solving skills to overcome issues that they could very realistically face working in a demanding engineering environment.
For more information on any of Nelson and Colne College’s University Centre courses, please contact the Admissions Team on 01282 440272 or visit www.nelson.ac.uk
For more information regarding Accrington and Rossendale College’s courses, visit www.accross.ac.uk or call 01254 389933.
Lancashire Adult Learning can be contacted on 0333 003 1717 or by visiting www.lal.ac.uk