|Business Management and Administration T Level|
|Entry Requirements:||You should be aiming for at least 5 GCSEs at Grade 5 or above in a range of subjects, including both English Language and Mathematics OR a relevant Level 2 Diploma with at least an overall Merit profile and GCSE English and Mathematics at Grade 4 or above. If you don’t quite achieve the entry criteria though don’t worry, we can discuss your options, including our T Level Transition Programmes, and will provide support to enable you to achieve your maths and/or English grades.|
|Start Date:||Sep 2023|
Develop and grow skills and knowledge within the field of business, whilst gaining vital industry experience that will set you up for an aspiring career in the field of management and administration. Alternatively, take what you have learned and build your own business on the back of it. With a T Level in Business Management and Administration, you will feel well prepared to prosper in industry through the academic acumen developed through business theory gained in the classroom as well as the direct industrial experience you will receive on placement.
T Levels are an exciting new opportunity for you to receive an outstanding academic education – providing you with skills and knowledge that are vital and sought after by employers. Not only this, you will also have the chance to garner invaluable real experiences with relevant industry placements. A T Level is equivalent to three A Levels, so there’s nothing holding you back if you aspire to progress on to university education.
What will I learn?
• Business context - an overview of organisational cultures and values, different types of internal and external stakeholders, different forms of governance and the impact of organisations on society and the environment.
• Project and change management - an understanding of the common change management theories and models and how to support and improve projects.
• Business behaviours - the importance of good communication and adapting social communication styles to professional standards and according to purpose, medium and audience.
• Quality and compliance - the importance of maintaining and improving quality in all aspects of public and private sector organisations.
How will the course be assessed?
• You will be assessed through external assessments. At the end of Year 1, there will be two written exams and one practical project. At the end of Year 2, you will complete a series of practical specialism projects. Throughout the programme, you will be required to complete a minimum of 315 hours of work placement with an external employer.
• You will study in modern classrooms with interactive learning technologies and will have access to up-to-date resources.
• You will have access to high end computer suites where they will have access to various programmes and software to aid their studies.
• As part of your T Levels you will take part in relevant work experience with local industry professionals.
Materials and other information
• We are an Ofsted ‘Outstanding’ College.
• Our students love being learners here and feel supported throughout their course, which enables them to thrive and succeed.
• We also have teachers who are experts in their fields, they provide our students with excellent knowledge and create positive and encouraging learning environments.
• We are a T Level Trailblazer and one of the first nationally to develop and deliver T levels, meaning we are the leading T level College in the area.