10:00 to 12:00
2 week course
This course combines nature and recycling with craft; creating handcrafted products using materials we would normally throw away. Sustainability, re-using and upcycling are key elements to this course, whilst making some lovely handmade crafts for the home or as gifts. Learn to create bees wax eco wraps, seed paper and more.
As an extra treat, Lancashire Adult Learning will be posting a resource pack out to you, containing all of the resources you will need to take part in this course.
How long is the course?
The course is 2 hours per week/session and is delivered over 2 weeks.
What will I learn?
This short course focuses on the self-care aspect of wellbeing alongside elements of the 5 Ways to Wellbeing: Give, Connect, Take Notice, Be Active & Keep Learning.
Taking part in craft-based activities is known to relieve stress, increase focus and creativity to provide an increased sense of personal wellbeing. We hope this course will give a much-needed boost to your wellbeing, self-care routines and skills to create bees wax wraps, seed paper and other recycled eco projects.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
1. Develop a range of craft projects, boosting personal wellbeing
2. Combine two or more materials/items to create a craft item or design
3. Discuss the wellbeing benefits of taking part in crafts and developing new creative skills
4. Discuss Eco friendly ways of crafting and sustainability
5. Use ICT equipment to engage in the session and to record your learning
This course also contains two accredited units from Open Awards:
1. Create a Piece of Craft or Design (E1)
2. Identifying and using ICT equipment (E1)
These units are blended into the core content of the course and learners will create evidence for the unit criteria by completing tasks and practical activities as planned by the course teacher. Certification for these units will be provided upon successful completion of the course.
How will the course be assessed?
The course will be delivered live and learners will be supported to work through the course content.
In addition to this, learners will be given access to Moodle (VLE – Virtual Learning Environment) so activities can be completed during and between sessions to record progress and achievement. Other activities include:
• Active listening and reflective discussion
• Participation in practical art activities during and between sessions
• Personal reflection and note taking
• Links to recommended websites and apps will be given to aid independent learning
Materials and other information
So the course can start on time, it’s important to be ready to join your online course 5 – 10 minutes prior to the official start time.
The Additional Learning Support Team work across college supporting students with a variety of learning needs in different ways. Support can be requested at enrolment or at any point throughout your course. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
As a gift, Lancashire Adult Learning will be posting a resource pack out to you, containing all of the resources you will need to take part in this course.
Learners will also need:
• Access to an oven and a regular baking sheet or tray.
• Mixing bowl
• A jam jar or tin can.
• Apron to protect clothes
• The teacher will send a more detailed list of any other equipment needed after enrolment.
Progression and Careers
The teacher will use a range of activities to review learner’s knowledge throughout the
course and identify any gaps and additional information required
• Learners will receive feedback in order to further develop their knowledge
• Learners will assess their knowledge at the start of the course and again at the end against the learning outcomes. This allows you to identify how much you have learnt and where you might need to do further study or research.
• Learners will also be supported to set an individual target(s) for the course based on personal goals and aspirations.
• Discussion and sharing of your ideas and opinions is encouraged to support and develop one another’s learning journey.