|Health and Social Care Level 2|
|Entry Requirements:||You should be aiming for at least 3 GCSEs at Grade 4 or above including English Language and/or Mathematics OR a relevant Level 1 Diploma and GCSE English Language and/or Mathematics at Grade 3 or above. If you don’t quite achieve the entry criteria though don’t worry, we can discuss your options.|
|Start Date:||Sep 2023|
This course is part of our Transitions Programme – a unique and individualised programme for Level 2 students, which will support you in developing the key personal, technical and professional skills you need in order to get ahead, whether you want to progress to Level 3 or employment in your chosen sector.
After completing this course, you will have the necessary skills to progress onto the Level 3 Health and Social Care course or an Apprenticeship. There will be lots of opportunities for trips, visits, guest speakers, mentoring and work experience. This is an exciting programme, designed to help you get ready for your next steps.
What will I learn?
• There are a range of work experience placements available in both the Health and Social Care sectors and giving practical hands-on experiences.
• We encourage students to find their own work placements where possible, however we offer some bespoke placement opportunities including the NHS Cadets and Mental Health Cadets, together with Social Care placements in local care homes, day centres and charities.
• Subject specific practical skills including care certificate standards, safeguarding protocols and report writing.
• You will develop key employability skills including commitment, resilience, initiative, confidence, and professionalism.
• Safe working practices, infection control, role of a health and social care practitioner and dealing with diversity.
• You will also work on your maths and English skills as well as there being a scientific element to the course.
How will the course be assessed?
• You will be assessed via internal and external assessments.
• You will study in modern classrooms with interactive learning technology and will have access to up-to-date resources.
• Students will have access to high end computer suites and various programmes and software to aid their studies.
Materials and other information
• We are an Ofsted ‘Outstanding’ College.
• Our students love being learners here and feel supported throughout their course, which enables them to thrive and succeed.
• We also have teachers who are experts in their fields, they provide our students with excellent knowledge and create positive and encouraging learning environments.